One of my favorite things to do is discover cute pop-up shops around Brooklyn that feature local brands, businesses and artists. I received an invite to attend Brooklyn’s Sip, Shop, Eat Collective Market as a VIP guest this past Saturday and am so glad I went to go check it out! A huge thank you to Taylor for the invite! Here’s my recap below:
The market itself is located at Beyond Studios in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It is an indoor space (which was perfect for this rainy Saturday) and was pretty much an open room with tables set up for each of the local vendors. The vendors ranged from clothing, to hand made jewelry, nail polish, to tarot card readings, and more. My friend Jon and I meandered around, meeting local business owners and creators. I loved hearing their stories of how they began their businesses and loved learning more about the products they sell.
It’s no secret that a few of my favorite brands involved women-owned businesses. I’m so happy to have stumbled upon these amazing women who are creators, entrepreneurs and out there hustling! Here are two brands that I really enjoyed and wanted to share with you:
Up first were these female-inspired neckties named after powerful women in our history called Andie and Erin. They launched their business via kickstarter, design their neckties, and have them produced in the US in San Francisco. Their first line of neckties featured women from our history and women who are contemporary leaders in different aspects of the world. From Beyonce, to Oprah, to Mother Theresa, to Malala Yousafzai, the neckties symbolize the strength and power of women all over our world. I love the concept and and am drawn to the message.
The second brand was a jewelry company called The Gilded Stone. I met the very sweet owner who hand makes all of the jewelry. The designs are simple, yet unique, and are delicate pieces that add a nice touch to your outfit. I was so drawn to the necklace with a cross on it that she actually gifted it to me! I thought this was so sweet of her but I couldn’t walk away without supporting her business, so I ended up buying another necklace for a friend.
It was great to connect with these boss ladies, learn more about the amazing things people are creating and doing, and to be able to support these small businesses! Do you all enjoy these types of pop-up markets? Let me know in the comments!
What I’m wearing:
So it was a super dreary day on Saturday with times of torrential downpours and rain showers all day. I did my best to look cute even though I really wanted to be in sweat pants. Here’s my refashiond OOTD!
- Mint over-sized blazer from Forever 21
- Every time I wear this jacket, I get SO many compliments. It’s on sale for less than $25–highly recommend as a spring jacket!
- Striped button down shirt from Loft (2 years old!) Here are some other options:
- Cropped jeans from Loft (from last year!). These jeans have a fun stripe down the leg and a raw hem that gives it a unique look from the regular jean. Here are some other options:
- Pointed loafer from Dr. Scholls
- These are on sale for less than $60 and are THE comfiest show I own right now.
- They have gel insoles and MOLD to your feet! They also have a 1 inch platform which make them the PERFECT shoe for a flat-footed, petite gal like myself. I cannot tell you how many compliments I’ve received on this shoe! Do yourself a favor and get them. Your feet and strangers will thank you. 🙂
Huge shout out to my friend Jon who took these photos! Go follow him at @meetmeinmytummy 🙂
Thank you for reading, sweet friends! Hope you have an amazing day!