I pretty much blinked and then May was over. Now we’re at the end of June– and I’m just not sure what to do with myself. In all transparency, this blog post has been sitting in my drafts for a good 3 weeks and I haven’t been able to finish it because life is just so cray right now (stay tuned for an exciting announcement!!). I mean, HALF of 2018 is over….like what? Anyone else kind of scratching their head wondering how in the heck time has flown by?
As you all know, May was the month of “shop my own closet,” otherwise known as the month of “refashioned ootds”! I have to say that this was much easier than I anticipated. First off, ya girl has enough clothes to not do laundry for a year, and I genuinely found some amazing pieces that had been hiding in my closet untouched, unworn, and ready for it’s debut.
In the world of fashion blogging, there is also this immense pressure to “keep up with trends” and constantly be buying clothes so that you can “get the shot.” There are some bloggers (no shade at all, just stating facts) that purchase clothes to shoot in, get the photo, and return the clothes. I personally don’t do that, and never will, because I wanted this blog and my photos to genuinely represent my real closet and the clothes and style I wear daily. I want this space to always be a place for creativity, empowerment, and authentic outfits that hopefully inspire you to take more chances in your own style or try something new. You have my word–every outfit that I post is a genuine outfit I own and wear in real life!
So with that said, here are some fun #refashioned #ootds from the month of May!
Outfit #1: Blush Crush
Everything in this outfit, except for the shoes (purchased this season), was bought years (some several years) ago. I will do my best to either link a similar item or if I’m lucky enough, the exact item.
Blush lace top (old from Mango)
My top has flutter sleeves and a lace detail across the v-neck. Lace camisoles are all the rage and you could easily wear a lace cami to achieve the same look. Here are a few:
- $35.99: Lace camisole from Mango
- $29.99: Lace camisole from H&M
- $9.99: Satin lace camisole from Forever 21
Blush Duster/Trench Jacket (old) from Forever 21
Wit and Wisdom dark wash, stretchy jeans from Nordstrom
- These jeans are at a reasonable price point of $64. They come in petite and are the perfect length for my short legs! These jeans are the MOST comfy jeans I’ve owned, are super soft, and feel amazing on my body! You can actually move in them and not feel restricted! I highly recommend these for petite gals!
Velvet Mules from Madewell (sold out)
Here are a few similar options:
Outfit #2: Gucci Queen
There’s something so royal about this outfit. There’s something about the stripes and satin skirt, with the ruffles, paired with the lace top and Gucci belt that just screams, “YAAAAS, QUEEN!” Not going to lie, I was nervous about this outfit because this skirt is so bold. But I’m definitely a fan of all the details and I found that the length actually fit my petite frame really well!
Green Lace Top (old from Mango)
This top is the exact same top as the blush one just in green! Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a top entirely similar to this one in color and detail but here are some options:
Asymmetrical Striped Skirt from Target
Unfortunately, my skirt is sold out but there is one size left in plus sizes–grab it here! Here are a few options:
- Striped skirt with ruffles from Target
- On clearance for only $17.48!
- Blue and white asymmetrical striped skirt from Target
- Also on clearance for $16.08!
Dolce Vita Pointed Sling-backs from Target
- Only $27.99 and seriously the cutest little spring/summer shoe! These are very comfy and I love the lilac color!
Fuzzy Lilac Moto Jacket from Forever 21 (sold out)
I bought this jacket a few months ago during a major sale and scored it for $15! It’s such a trendy style and color and worked perfectly with this outfit. Here’s a denim moto that I think would be a great alternative!
Gucci dupe belt from Amazon (sold out)
- This belt was SUPER popular because it’s such a good dupe, but it hasn’t been in stock for awhile. Here’s another designer dupe belt that has a similar look. I’ll definitely re-link it if it comes back in stock!
Outfit #3: Blue Hues
This outfit is one of my faves from May! Such a great option for work, but also could easily work as a casual and comfy outfit. These culottes are elongating because of the vertical stripes, and this kimono cardigan is fun because it has a belt that gives you a waist and more shape.
Kimono Cardigan from Loft
Unfortunately, this cardigan is not sold anymore and since we’re in the summer months, you’ll probably want to opt for something lighter anyway. Here are some other options:
- Sheer open cardigan from Loft
- Great deal as it’s 50% off the sale price, making it less than $25!
- Bell sleeved cardigan from Loft
- This is a fun cardigan that has flowy sleeves like mine. Also on major sale for less than $20!
Ice Blue Split Neck top from New York and Company
- The top is on sale for $24.99! The exact color is not sold anymore but I can vouch for this blouse and say it is extremely comfortable and a perfect work top.
Striped Crepe Culottes from Forever 21
This exact pair is not sold anymore, but here are some other options! Striped culottes are all the rage right now!
White Mules from DSW
My shoes are from last year, but good thing mules are still on trend! Here are some fun options:
- Enzo Angiolini Reye Mules from DSW
- Love the little wedge on these and the fun heart shaped mule!
- White mule by ALDO
- These are on major sale! Less than $40!
Outfit #4: Refashioned Romper!
How I like to restyle my romper/jumpsuits to give it a different look is layering a denim top over it and tying it at the waist to give myself a torso and allusion of legs. It mayyy be a hassle to use the bathroom, but if ya need a quick outfit and know you won’t be out allll day, this is a great way to change up a typical jumpsuit!
Romper from Old Navy
This romper is from last year and here’s proof that I wore it last year! Click on the link for my blog post on this romper and fun throwback to this one time I went speed dating. #goodtimes
- Square neck romper from Old Navy
- On sale for $34.99 plus 20% off! Has fantastic reviews online!
- Sleeveless chambray jumpsuit from Old Navy
- On sale for $29.97 plus 20% off!
- Floral jumpsuit from Forever 21
- Such a steal for $19.90!
- Floral Capri Jumpsuit from Forever 21
- Amazing cut, floral print, and reviews on line! Also a steal for $22.90!
Denim top from Old Navy
- This one’s on sale for $24.99! I bought mine a good three years ago and I still wear it all the time. Denim/chambray tops never go out of style and are definitely a closet staple!
Rose Gold Mules from Target
- These shoes are a MUST HAVE. They’re comfy, stylish, and add a pop of color and interest to your outfit. These are also on clearance for $19.54. GO get ’em!
Sweet friends, there you have it! Fashion does NOT need to be expensive. You don’t have to constantly buy things to keep up with the trends. If you invest in classic pieces, you’ll be able to re-wear them over and over again. Leave a comment below and let me know which is your favorite look! What outfit are you willing to try? What’s inspiring your style? Let me know if you want to see more re-fashioned outfits!