Leaves changing colors, the crisp cool breeze, and pumpkin spice wafting through the air…it’s no secret: I’m a sucker for fall. Though California doesn’t see a traditional fall like the east coast, I’ll still be celebrating this season like every other *basic* gal. I mean, I don’t drink coffee anymore, but I’m always down for a PSML (Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte. I literally add Trader Joes Pumpkin Spice to my matcha latte and it’s SO GOOD. You are welcome. And Starbucks, if you’re listening, I’d like 50% of profits, thank you). And with my love for fall comes my absolute love for fall fashion. You’ll definitely be seeing tons of fall inspo and today I wanted to share my love for plaid: specifically the plaid blazer!
This plaid blazer was all the rage last season and luckily, it’s back this year in full force. I’m seeing it EVERYWHERE. I love this plaid oversized blazer because it’s got that masculine edge and gives you that professional, yet chic, look and feel. I love how you can dress it down or dress it up. Some of you who follow me on my Instagram (plug, if you’re not following me, you’re missing out!) have seen a sneak peak of how I styled this blazer, and today, I am serving you the FULL LOOK. Both of these looks could work for an office setting–perhaps the shoes could be swapped out for a loafer or a cute kitten heel. I styled it with my combat boots for an “edgier” look (lol, I am not edgy, but sometimes I try).
Where to get this blazer:
I bought mine last year from Target, but luckily, you can find this blazer pretty much anywhere!
- Plaid Boyfriend Blazer from Target (almost identical to the one from last year, same brand!) $34.99
- Oversized Blazer from Target (seems a little bit longer) $30.00
- Double Button Blazer from Forever 21 $34.90
- Cropped Plaid Blazer from Forever 21 (could be super cute on petite frames! I would def rock this) $34.90
Look #1: Plaid Power Suit
Though this outfit makes it look like a suit or a 2 piece set, it’s actually not! These pants are a *slightly* different plaid but it’s close enough that this outfit works. I bought these pants from Forever 21 last year as well and decided to pair these two together for a power suit look.
- Plaid paperbag pants from Forever 21 (exact pair as mine!) $22.90
- Plaid wide-leg pants with stripes from Forever 21 (These would be SO fun! I might actually get these because I love the stripe down the leg) $19.90
- Glen Plaid cropped pants from Forever 21 $22.90
For the feminine touch, I wore my lace camisole underneath. I wanted to pick up on the red/pink tone in the plaid so I paired it with this pink cami. It looks sort of red in the picture, but it’s actually a deep pink!
- BP Camisole (purchased during the Nordstrom sale and really love it!) $35
- Lace Camisole from Forever 21 (SUPER BUDGET FRIENDLY!) $9.99
I bought these shoes from Target last year as well! (Are you surprised?) Here are similar options!
Look #2: Powerful and Feminine
This outfit is feminine with the pink and satin texture, but it has a hint of that masculine feel with the blazer and combat boots. You know, just a tad of that male privilege to boost your ego and make you feel ready to conquer anything that comes your way.
- Satin Tie Front Top from Abercrombie (Pink is sold out, but available in polka dots! Pattern mixing would be SO cute here too) $38.40
- Satin Cowl Neck Cami from Abercrombie (would be cute with this cut too!) $28
My mother who is a Kohl’s enthusiast (she goes every week) bought these for me, and WOW, I am impressed. Do not sleep on Kohl’s y’all!
- Chaps cropped pull on pants from Kohls (ON CLEARANCE) $23
- These pants are comfy as heck and look super chic!
I can guarantee you that this will not be the last time you see this blazer this season. I have so many more ideas swirling around in my head, and these two looks are just the tip of the iceberg! Leave me a comment and let me know which of these two was your favorite? Do you dig the plaid look just as much as I do? If so, we should be friends. At least on IG (another shameless plug).
Have an amazing day, sweet friends!