One of the most highly Instagrammed photo ops of the year is just ahead…NYE! And so obviously you need a killer outfit to ring in 2018 with! Need some inspo? I gotchu with these 4 very affordable, very chic, and very cute (at least I think so) outfits!
When putting together outfits, my aesthetic ranges. Sometimes I like edgy, sometimes I like super feminine touches, sometimes I like bold colors, sometimes I like monochromatic looks or all black. But the most important things I look for are what I call the 3 C’s: comfort, cost-efficiency and cuteness (because whatever I’m in, it’s got to be cute!). Because when you look good, you feel good, duh. #2018motto
Look #1: Plaid and Cozy
If you want to look like the cutest little winter dream, while being super cozy and comfortable, then this outfit is for you.
Plaid Knit Flare Dress from Loft
- On super sale, 60% SALE price, knocking it down to a mere $22. Get it!
- The drop-waist dress is super flattering on petite frames and comes in this stretchy, plaid knit print. It’s the most comfortable dress as it leaves room for all the NYE treats you’ll be eating and drinking, while still making you look chic for the occasion.
Fleece Cardigan from Loft
- And of course, this cozy fleece cardigan is the softest thing you’ll find! Don’t be alarmed if strangers walk up to you and start petting your shoulder (it’s happened to me) as this cardigan is warm and so soft, people will want to snuggle with you. And if you’re looking for that NYE kiss, this cardigan just might get you that. (lol)
All Weather Booties from Target
- These booties are extremely comfortable, are all weather and can withstand rain, AND are on clearance! All of my outfits recently have been shot with the booties because they’re just SO versatile and make all my looks complete.
Look #2: Bringing the sunshine into 2018
So maybe you don’t want to do the whole sequin body con dress (personally, I think it’s overdone), but you want to wow the room you’re in with something special. This look is for you.
Ruffle Satin Dress from Express
- Currently 40% off $30.99 — this dress is now only $18!
- It’s extremely comfortable with an elastic waist and flares out to give you a nice figure. I find the length to be perfect on my petite frame, but taller ladies you might find this dress a bit short!
Crushed Velvet Blazer (not sold online)
- I got this blazer for $12.99 at Ross. Y’all, fashion does NOT need to be expensive!
- The idea here is to complement this yellow with a rich, darker color to give you that festive feel. I love the way the textures mix together and am loving this look!
- Here are some other options:
Look #3: A Winter Velvet Dream
Okay, confession: This is my favorite look. Maybe because it looks way fancier than it really is, or because I know how much a DEAL I scored this look for. This look makes me feel edgy, elegant and like a rockstar. And you know what, it fulfills my motto: #lookgood #feelgood.
Sheer Mock Neck Blouse from Target
- This blouse is SO comfortable and SO versatile. It has these chiffon sleeves that make for a dramatic look but the actual top is a nice soft knit. It’s light, breathable and SO stinkin’ cute. Umm, did I mention this is only $12.48?! I found this baby on the clearance rack and felt it was too good to be true.
Velvet Midi Dress from Uniqlo
- This dress is only $14.90 now!! Come on y’all, I feel like I’m getting away with theft! That means this entire look is less than $30. Say WHAT, now?! If you aren’t clicking on that link and buying this midi, I just don’t know what to say. Literally the easiest dress to slip on and feel so fancy in. I’ve layered it with turtle necks and it’s never done me wrong.
And now onto my final look…
Look #4: The Lazy Rockstar
Don’t you just LOVE it when one top can translate into several looks? At $12.48 (see above link), you literally cannot go wrong with this top. I chose to pair this top with faux leather leggings and let me tell you, I am so happy I did.
These leggings are SO comfortable and make you feel like you’re wearing nothing. But obvi you’re wearing something, so you’re good. The faux leather look makes you look edgy and sexy at the same time, but really inside you know this is like the ultimate lazy chic look. Literally no effort and you look like a rock star.
BP Faux Leather Leggings
- I found these babies on the sale rack during the Nordstrom sale. Mine were $18, but I found a cheaper pair for only $14! (link above)
- Mine are high waisted (so comfy) and a little long for my short legs. I just folded them over so that they were the right length and you couldn’t even tell!
- Here are some other options:
Alright, so there you have it! 4 different looks, all under $50, and pieces that you can reuse after this one day. Fashion doesn’t have to be expensive, nor does it have to be difficult! All these pieces are simple on it’s own, but paired with the right complementary piece, you can look like a million books–without spending nearly that amount of course. 🙂 Hope this helps and leave me a comment –which one is your favorite look?!
Happy New Year to you all, my sweet friends! Wishing you health, happiness and so much love.
P.S. Lastly, I want to give a huge thank you to one of my best friends, Sheena, for helping me take these incredible photos. We ran around LA for a good 4 hours location scouting and taking pics! She’s so wonderful and I am thankful she was able to help me with this huge task! Love you, Beenz!